5 Fun Fall Activities to Do With Your Family

Fall is almost here. The Autumnal Equinox is on Saturday, September 22, 2018. Time for all the pumpkin spice lovers to come running out of the woodwork. I have to admit, I love some pumpkin muffins, pumpkin rolls, and pumpkin pie. Heck, I love the smell of pumpkin cooking, period. There are so many things you can do with your family to enjoy the autumn season. I have compiled my top 5 here, aside from Halloween(more on that one later).

1. PICKING APPLES

This one is something I try to do every fall. Head to the orchard and pick some apples. I love the scents, the sounds, and the sunshine.

Photo by Rikki Austin on Unsplash

2. CORN MAZE

The most fun I've had in fall as an adult was in a corn maze. I went in with my granddaughter and we got lost. It was getting dark and a little scary until we finally made it out. After that, we were ready to walk right back in!

Photo by João Silas on Unsplash

3. WALKING IN THE LEAVES

I really love walking in the leaves in the fall. I love the smell of the leaves, the rustle they make when I kick them, the colors and the emotions. On sunny days they seem like happy party decorations. On cloudy, rainy days, they show that nothing is forever and everything changes. 

Photo by Jakob Owens on Unsplash

4. FALL FESTIVALS

Who doesn't love a good fall festival? I always try to get to at least one. Seeing apple butter being made the old-fashioned way, eating kettle corn and hot cocoa. Pumpkins and apples, hayrides, and chrysanthemums.


5. BONFIRE

I really enjoy sitting back around a campfire, roasting hot dogs and marshmallows and making s'mores. Wrapped in a blanket, kids sitting around telling ghost stories and looking at the stars. 

Photo by Josh Campbell on Unsplash

Have a little fun with your family this fall! 

Y'all come back!


Comments

Popular Posts