3 Artists I Admire and Why

John William Waterhouse

The ethereal quality of the light combined with the beauty of the subjects give me a feeling of peace. I am especially fond of both "Ophelia" portraits.

                                             
                                                                            (source)


                                                                              (source)
I have an affinity for historical fiction, especially that of Greek Mythology, Celtic lore and the Scottish and English royal lines. Waterhouse's work takes my mind drifting into those realms.

Vincent Van Gogh

While I love both "Sunflowers" and "Starry Night" I often find myself drawn to Van Goh's "Almond Blossom" and "Long Grass With Butterflies"


                                                                           (source)
I love how Van Gogh's "Almond Blossom" looks as if he was lying on his back under the almond tree looking up through the branches to the sky.


                                                                            (source)
In "Long Grass With Butterflies" the springtime theme is continued. To me, it feels like a lazy day in the springtime sun. I can almost feel the sun on my face.

I also love the simplicity and innocence of  "Nature Morte, Branche d'Amandier"


                                                                      (source)
I love the signature, "Vincent" at the top left-hand corner as if it is an elementary school art project.

Claude Monet

I love every single painting by Monet. Every.Single.One. There are a couple favorites, though. First, "Woman With A Parasol-Madame Monet And Her Son" is a beautiful tribute to mother and son.


                                                                               (source)
I am swooning over the quality of light in this painting. It feels like a June morning, I can hear the birds, smell the bramble roses and honeysuckle and feel the sunshine. It reminds me of a day long ago walking in a field full of daisies with my mother.

The light in Monet's paintings is incredible.

Who is your favorite artist? Share in the comments and tell us why you love their work.

Till next time...




Comments

Popular Posts