Up the Holler

I know, I haven't been a good blogger. Not for one day. I have no excuse except that I quit. I quit life. Seriously, I took, like a year OFF. I am, however, back to life, thanks to my baby sister and my husband. You can read about that story over here.

So much has happened! I am the proud GiGi to 12, yes, 12 grands and we even have a brand new great-granddaughter who is totally adorable! All the kids are doing well but my sweet little Pixie-Girl has turned into a beautiful, emotional TWEEN! Well, she's almost through the tween years and on to being a teenager. I has certainly been a struggle, but we've settled into a routine (somewhat).

Still...never a dull moment...some highlights:


Pine Cones at Papaw Bob's


Climbing


Dad fixing the kite



St. Augustine


Poppaw and Sofia, Rebekah is directing


Beachin'


Georgia Sea Turtle Center


Mango in her post-rescue pool

We've been here, there and everywhere. Most important, we have a new home and we love living up the holler in the mountains. The sense of community that is almost non-existent in other places we've lived is wide open here. Neighbors watch out for each other and each other's kids. People are friendly. Animals are welcome. The creek lulls us to sleep and relaxes us as we enjoy our porch in the evenings. I can't say enough about it!

Going forward I'm going to attempt to post as much as possible about the day to day of home, family, fun and adventures, gardening, pets...pretty much day to day, LOL! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts