White from chicken and Northern Beans, you will love it topped with tomato and sour cream!
- cup butter or margarine
- large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- garlic clove, finely chopped
- cups 1/2-inch cubes cooked chicken or turkey
- cups chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- tablespoon dried basil leaves
- teaspoons ground red chilies or Chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- cans (15 to 16 oz each) great northern beans, undrained
- medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)
- Blue or yellow corn tortilla chips
- 1Melt butter in 4-quart Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic in butter, stirring occasionally until onion is tender.
- 2Stir in remaining ingredients except tomato and tortilla chips. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Serve with tomato and tortilla chips.
- Prep Time: 20 Min.
- Total Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Serves: 6-8
- My sons both love this and ask for it often. Hubby loves it as well. We never have any go to waste, as its just as good as a leftover!