February

Wow! I cannot believe it is February 23! This month has flown by!The month started with a bang! My birthday! My sweet son sent me flowers to celebrate (first flowers I've received from my kids, they are growing up). Nick was the first one to wish me happy birthday! In past years, I have had to call him myself (grin).



We spent the evening at the Girl Scout Father/Daughter dance. They had a blast and I had a blast watching them have a blast!

MY VALENTINE'S STORY

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?

Just over 10 years. We met in September 2001, just before 9/11


2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}

It’s Nick and Phil’s fault! After spending the spring and summer caring for then losing my beloved grandfather, “Shorty”

I had been hiding out in the house, not leaving except for work. Nick’s best friend Phil’s mom, Donna wanted me to go out dancing with them. I didn’t really want to go, I felt unready to face the world. Nick and Phil begged me to go (they wanted to stay by themselves). I went and Donna introduced me to her very good friend, Richard. We danced that night. He pursued me, although I was not ready for a relationship at all. He was kind and patient and persevered until finally, he won me over and the rest is history!

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {Do tell}

We will have our 10th anniversary this year. We had planned to renew our vows, but a big trip to a special wedding is pushing that forward. We will celebrate our anniversary in Hawaii this year at our son’s wedding! We will be renewing our vows on New Year's Eve!

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?

We had small wedding at the Range House in Johnson City, TN. We plan to renew our vows on New Year’s Eve this year!

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!

Well…I call him honey or Rich and he calls me Baby!

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.

He loves me, unconditionally, and I am positive about that.

He would do anything, and I mean ANYTHING for family, because family is family

He loves kids of all ages

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?

He got down on his knee early one autumn morning and totally surprised me with a gorgeous ring!

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?

He is a flowers kind of guy. Each year he surprises me with gorgeous ones! This year he really surprised me with a Kindle Fire!

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?

I am a sunset kind of girl, any sunset, anywhere!

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?

Definitely a beach, somewhere, anywhere, we all love the beach!

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.

We went as a family to the auction! It was fun! And I got some great bargains!

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's Day?

Nope…I know he will do well!

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.

Don’t go to bed angry and don’t sweat the small stuff(toothpaste tubes, toilet seat) it’s small stuff!

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.

Perfect Love...the love of a father for his child.

What's your Valentine Story?

Comments

Popular Posts