My Grandmother's Garden

My grandmother taught me most of what I know about gardening. As a child I spent hour after hour helping her in her flower beds. There was a gigantic hydrangea next to her water spigot. A gorgeous trellis built by her father with red climbing roses. A lane of cabbage roses. A beautiful deep crimson rose in the corner of the back yard.
My grandfather loved the daffodils and tulips. Although I have not done so, I told everyone I was planning to plant one daffodil on each side of his headstone. Wonder if the VA will like that???
The apple trees are too shaded and uncared for to produce very well, but they do put out a few here and there. They just need a little TLC.
This one smells so sweet. The bees were busy this day!
The Weeping Plum...a beautiful canopy of pinkness. Heaven for a girlie girl!

Comments

Popular Posts