Subtraction (Update in red!)

Rebekah comes home from school today telling me her teacher says she is going to fail second grade and have to stay with her again next year. What??? Rebekah has been on the A-B Honor roll almost all year. She has not made a failing grade on her report card this entire year. I am really ready to knock heads. Why would a teacher tell their students something like this? I fail to grasp the concept that doing  100 math problems in 5 minutes makes people successful. Wouldn't it be more prudent to GET THE ANSWERS CORRECT?

So we decided to work on it and I found these subtraction flashcards here so we are practicing. Rebekah knows these subtraction facts.

UPDATE! Rebekah made the highest grade in the class on the Benchmark test for math...100! I love it when a kid proves a teacher wrong!

Comments

Popular Posts