Friends


A few days ago, when I was in the midst of a down moment, the florist called to say that she had some flowers for me. She couldn't quite find the house so I directed her. I was quite surprised because I knew of NO reason to be receiving flowers. Not a holiday, my birthday, or anything else. No, they weren't from my hubby, who was the only person I could imagine sending me flowers for no reason.

My fantastic "newish" friend S sent these because she was thinking about me. Wow...just wow. I am so grateful that S took the time from her busy day to think of me. But that's not all! Another "newish" friend, M, called to invite me to lunch yesterday. We had a fantastic time getting to know each other better and finding out that even though we are different, we have a lot of the same difficulties within our families. M lifted me from the midst of a depressing, gray day and gave me the energy to make it through the rest of that grayness.

Thank you Lord, for blessing me with such wonderful, kind and supportive friends, just when I needed them the most!

Let a friend know you are thinking about them today, pray for a friend, and invite someone to church this week!

Y'all Come Back!


Comments

Popular Posts