Memorial Day

On this beautiful Memorial Day 2011, I would like to say thank you to my grandfather, Robert "Shorty" Davis. Although he did not give his life in combat, he was ready to sacrifice it. He gave his life to his family, all the way to the end, he was concerned about others. I know that he is in Heaven with my Father God, probably listeing to a bluegrass tune straight from the hills of West Virginia. Thank you, Shorty for your love, your bravery, your dedication. Thank you for teaching your grandchildren and great-grandchildren the meaning of respect. And thanks for the slurpees on hot summer evenings!

I love you and miss you as much today as the day you left us.

Sherie Lee

Comments

  1. Love love the photo-and the touching words too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts