Rebranding

I am in the midst of rebranding everything to bring all my little pieces together and have them all leading back to one place. I have also decided to go with my Appalachian roots and turn Blackberry WInter Candle Company towards Appalachia. Going forward all candle scent names will be Appalachian terms or sayings. I have found a wonderful group of folks on Facebook who have been more than happy to assist me.
 I'm excited about the prospects of this undertaking and although I will be working full time, I expect that things will take off soon. I would love to be able to do craft fairs every weekend or open my own shop. The plans we had for June fell flatter than a pancake.
 With that being said, I hope to have a blog post here for each new scent with the history and definition of the saying, for some good ole' Appalachian education. I'll include a description of the scent itself as well. So here is the first one... "Bless Your Heart"


Today's popular usage of the phrase "Bless your heart," is often as a saying meaning someone is as dumb as a stick, or that you plan to insult them and are just adding a little sugar beforehand. Here in the South and specifically in Appalachia, we do use the phrase for just such an occasion. Maybe the groom's cousin shows up at a wedding in attire more appropriate for a club. The twittering in the back rows will be numerous ladies flitting their pasteboard fans and whispering "Bless her heart, why did she wear that?"


When using the phrase around children, it tends to take on a more kindly meaning. When that little 5-year-old girl comes running into the reception hall at the church, crying and pointing to her scraped, bleeding knees, those same ladies will rush over with hankies, ice, cold punch, tissues and a band-aid. All can be heard exclaiming, "Bless your heart, sweetheart, what in the world happened?"

Photo by Jamez Picard on Unsplash

Our candle has none of that in mind. This shimmering white floral bouquet is showered with dewdrops that add freshness. Hints of cassis brighten with fruity tones that blend with fresh greens and warm woods, unfolding to reveal creamed musk and golden amber. Available in 16-ounce jelly jars, 8-ounce jelly jars and tart clamshells, you will know that your heart is blessed in the best possible way. You can find Bless Your Heart and many other incredible scents at our shop, Blackberry Winter Candle Company, on Facebook.


Thanks for taking time out of your busy day, and I hope you have a great rest of the week-end!

Bless Your Heart,

Comments

Popular Posts